The first edition was the #1 bestseller for the IP Section of the ABA. The Handbook is a practical and accessible reference and training manual on IT contracts. It’s a clause-by-clause “how to” guide on cloud computing agreements, software licenses, technology services agreements, and other IT contracts — covering the issues at stake and offering negotiation tips and sample contract language.
The Tech Contracts Handbook is for both lawyers and businesspeople, including contract managers, procurement officers, corporate counsel, startup CFO’s, and anyone else responsible for contracts. Perhaps most important, the book uses simple English, like a good contract.
Topics covered include:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) subscriptions
- Data security
- Open source software
- Service level agreements (SLA’s)
- Nondisclosure agreements (NDA’s)
- Limitations of liability
- Source code escrows
- Copyright licensing
- Rights in feedback
- Clickwraps, browsewraps, scrollwraps, shrinkwraps, and sign-in-wraps
- Non-compete and non-solicitation clauses
- And much more